Monday, August 29, 2011

Banana Bread

After looking at my brown spotted bananas on my counter for multiple days, I decided I better make some banana bread before they turned competely brown (I think I was only a day away from that).  I had the thought while I watched my bananas rapidly age each day that I am sure glad that I don't age that quickly.  Anyways, I had to make a double recipe which worked out well since my husband insists that it isn't banana bread with out chocolate chips in it.   I couldn't decide how batter I should put in each loaf pan so I ended up with a small amount left over hence the odd ball in the center.  Attached is the recipe that I made just in case you want give it a try. 
 

Best Banana Bread

1¾ c. flour
1½ c. sugar
1 tsp. soda
½ tsp. salt
2 eggs
½ c. vegetable oil
¼ cup + 1 TBLSP buttermilk
2 overly ripe bananas
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together.  Pour into a greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment