Friday, August 26, 2011

Photo Editing - The Learning Begins

So recently I scored a free copy of Corel's Paint Shop Pro X3 by finding the software on sale for $60 with a mail in rebate of $60 combined with free shipping making my final price as $0.  I knew I wanted to start doing some more photo editing beyond what Picasa does (I love Picasa too!).  It wasn't long after I got my free software though that I realized that there is a pretty sharp learning curve when it came to using it since I haven't used any editing program previously. 

So here is my game plan - I decided I was going to learn one new thing a week.  I like the idea of baby steps so I won't get overwhelmed with all this new information that I need to learn. 

One of the first things I wanted to learn was how to make my pictures look vintage.  I did a little searching online until I found a YouTube tutorial.  Here is a copy of the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoN3EmzxTuE

Here is my vintage picture:
And here is my originial picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment