Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Breath of Fresh Air - Day 27

     So I am officially more than just a little behind on my Picture the Holidays project.  I got hit hard by the flu midweek which pretty much stopped me in my tracks.  I am on the mend and ready to get back on track, yea! 
      We finally got snow!  I was thrilled when I woke up to snow yesterday morning but not so happy to have a 12 hour workday so I decided to postpone getting back one track until today (Saturday).  With that being said - after being sick and then working a really long day it was really fun to go out and enjoy this snow as a family this morning.  This was Nugget's first time she actually got to see and play in the snow - last winter she was always snuggled up in her car seat with a cozy cover whenever we were outside. 
     Nugget wasn't really too sure what to think at first - I think she found her snowsuit on the restrictive side.  Dad tried showing her how to make snowballs but her snowsuit made it near impossible for her to try.  I guess little pink Wookiees (I think she resembles a Star Wars Wookiee) aren’t meant to be able to move.
     What I enjoyed most was my little Wookiee making barking sounds.  While we were outside she heard some dogs in the neighbor barking and thought it would be appropriate to bark back to them.  She did this for at least 5 minutes. 

A Breath of Fresh Air - Day 27 Prompt
The whether outside might be frightful (I wouldn't know because I live in Southern California), but even with winter's chill, fresh air is the best medicine. After shopping malls and gathering indoors so much this month, braving the elements, even just to snap a photo can be a perfect change of pace.
Shoot one of Mother Nature's gifts today. Something that boasts of the season and showcases the splendor of the great outdoors.
Note: Give yourself a few minutes to let your spirit wander amidst the elements. Experience with all your senses being outside. Feel and smell the air. Take a deep breath and let your eyes delight in the wonder all around you. You'll know exactly what to shoot if you give yourself a little time to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment