Thursday, December 8, 2011

Express Yourself - Day 7

Today I took a few moments to be still in the early a.m.  I have been getting up early to walk my holiday mile,  it's been a tradition of mine to walk a mile everyday between Thanksgiving and Christmas with no excuses.  However my "no excuses" clause fell apart yesterday when my heel started hurting so I decided to still get up early to strech, relax and take time for myself.  I always make sure that I enjoy my daughter while I get her ready for daycare.  We always take time to express ourselves by making at least a couple of funny faces in the mirror after we are done brushing our teeth. 
On a picture taking note - I took the time to get my tripod set up hoping that I would be able to capture a picture of our silly face routine.  My grand idea didn't go so hot because everytime I started the self timer, my little Nugget would just stare at the camera while it beebed instead of making funny faces.  So I ended up getting a picture of one of the many morning kisses she gets from me instead.

Express Yourself - Day 7 Prompt
Being (and staying) balanced can often be as easy as checking in with ourselves from time to time. Tuning into our own body and mind is a simple emotional gauging tool we often overlook. Today, take a few moments to be still. Breathe in and out and just allow yourself to be and to feel. (I'll wait) Well? How are you today? What is your body saying? How about your mind? Your heart? Listen to the shouts and the whispers and take it all in and then exhale. Now, get your camera and interpre those feelings.
Note: This can be a self-portrait challenge if you'd like to make it that (as I did in the featured image). Use a self-timer, a mirror or hand hold the camera and point it back at yourself. Or express yourself in a totally different way. It's up to you. They are your feelings after all.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Real life. Real moments. Real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Your mornings sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete