Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holding Onto Gratitude - Day 1

The definition of gratitude is the state of being grateful; thankfulness.  I know especially around Thanksgiving everyone usually does take the time to be thankful but I would say over the last month gratitude is something that I have experience a lot.  What prompted my state of being grateful is a photo assignment that I have been working on for my Rebel Rouser camera group; we are supposed to picture something we are thankful for. I have come to realize over the last month that I have so many things to be thankful for that I am having a hard time narrowing it down one thing. 
But for my Picture the Holidays - Holding onto Gratitude I have decided to use a picture of my daughter and my husband wiping her tears away.   I am thankful for my 11 month old daughter and that she is healthy (maybe not happy all the time but very healthy).   I am grateful that she brings joy into our home.  I am grateful that my husband and I are able to see her grow and learn.  I am thankful that I married my best friend and that he loves me for who I am - quirks and all.  I am thankful that we work together as a team when it comes to raising our daughter and managing our household (and that he is somewhat willing to try and help me take pictures although he doesn't share the same passion for photography as I do).  You may look at this picture and see a very sad girl but I see gratitude - even though my Christmas shoot wasn't going the way I envisioned, I am thankful for my healthy family and that I will always cherish my memories of the first time trying to take Christmas pictures with my daughter.

Picture the Holidays - Day 1 PROMPT
With the giving of thanks still fresh in our hearts and minds, let's start off our month from the best place possible: a place of gratitude.
Take a few minutes to focus on all the things you have to be grateful for today and then, choose a perspective in which to capture at least one of those things in a photograph.

6 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I love that you shared a "real" moment that shows what family is all about... being there to wipe away the tears, loving with patience and gentleness... and finding moments of joy even in tough times.

    I'm a fellow Picture the Holidays gal--can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture!!!! I am now following you, I will also be posting my prompts from Picture the Holidays on my personal blog. Feel free to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and a wonderful photo! I'll be participating in the Picture the Holidays and posting to my blog also... see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Can't wait for the next #picturetheholidays post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brought tears to my eyes. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete