Friday, December 16, 2011

The Season of Lights - Day 16

It is indeed the season of lights.  I love being greeted by the glow our of Christmas tree every morning.  I love the way my almost 1 year old daughter looks at the lights with amazement.  Since this is my first Christmas as a dslr owner, I love being creative and the practice I have gotten shooting in manual mode to capture this seaon of lights. 

The Season of Lights - Day 16 Prompt
They call this the season of lights for many reasons and there are ample opportunities to shoot light in it's many shapes and shades. There is nothing more compelling than a literal Bokeh of holiday lights. The first time I captured lights like this, I was as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning! My guess is you'll feel it too.
Note: This one takes lots of practice so be patient and have fun experimenting with focal lengths, points of focus (or lack of), aperture and shutter speeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment