Sunday, December 11, 2011

Twinkle Twinkle - Day 10

I really like my glittered Falalalala ornament that is on my tree - it twinkles like none other.  To me it also represents Christmas music - one of my favorite parts of the holidays. I tried several different ideas for my Twinkle Twinkle prompt and this was my best result.  I don't feel like it accurately protrays all the sparkle but I did my best.  I have lots of room for improvement on my photography skills. 














Twinkle Twinkle - Day 10 Prompt
Twinkle lights, fantasy, wishing and whimsy; they are all a part of the season. The trick is translating the ambiance we see with our eyes and the glow we feel in our hearts into effective photographic images.  Don't be afraid to let the light in for shots that sparkle! An extra slow shutter speed (way beyond what you can normally hold by hand) can make for amazing photos that shine! Try capturing something today that twinkles!
Note: You already know I believe strongly in the power of experimentation. That goes double when you attempt the illusive shutter drag to capture a shot. The featured photo today was a happy accident (love those) shot at Disneyland. As we were riding Small World I had a great view of the exterior of the ride all lit up in holiday fashion. My flash was off, and my aperture was wide open. I clicked the shot from the ride (while in motion) and I could hear my shutter open and close soooo slowly I knew I wasn't going to get the shot I wanted. Was I wrong! This kind of shot can only happen when the power of magic (and an open mind) are on your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment