Sunday, January 1, 2012

Through the Looking Glass - Day 28

I enjoyed todays photo prompt - I never thought about taking a picture through a glass or window.  I experimented a while.  I first took some pictures through the glass on our front door to capture some shots of our recent snow that I am excited about but I ended up using this shot instead.  This picture I took of two big pine trees in our neighbors yard through my patio door.  I love how the water glass makes the pine trees looks super skinny and tall.













Through the Looking Glass - Day 28 Prompt
As you know by now, I am big on perspective. As in, a slight change in it can make all the difference. Sometimes turning something on its ear is the most refreshing shift in how it's perceived. Just like with life, a photographic image isn't always as it seems. When you use a tool to alter your creative vision on purpose, the results can be surprising and illuminating.
Find something, anything, that changes the way things look today. Shoot through your water glass, a window, or even through something that's not quite as clear as you'd like it to be, just to see what happens. There is beauty in mystery. It's your job to discover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment