Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Time / Easter Treats

Well I have been spending some time on Pinterest again and I decided to try a spring treat that I saw on a blog post called Jordan Almond Bluebirds on The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle.  I was more than pleased with my results.  The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle had a great post filled with lots of tips and pictures on how they made them but I did decide to do a couple of things different.  First - I went with all different color of birds.  I really think they were cute when they were all blue but Little City, ND doesn't sell bags of only blue Jordan Almonds so I made do with what I could find at our local Wal-Mart.  The second thing that I changed was how I made the eyes and the bird beaks.  Since I have basically no cake decorating supplies so I used a toothpick for all of my decorating.  I thought these would make a sure cute treat to have at Easter time.

1 comment:

  1. Katie

    These are absolutely adorable ! I'm so glad you did a multi-color assortment. They look so sweet, I don't think I'd have the heart to eat them. What fun !

    Barb

    ReplyDelete