Friday, March 9, 2012

Weekend Project - Operation Closet

    I am super excited about our latest project. The other weekend we picked up some closet supplies while visiting Eric's parents to replace the wire shelving that was in the closet when we moved in. I apologize that I didn't take better before pictures, I realized that I didn't have very good ones once I started putting this post together. 
    Eric took down the old wire shelves while Nugget and I were at swimming lessons and I painted a fresh coat of paint the next day while Nugget took her naps. In the photos you can't tell that it really is a different color but I did want to cover up the buttery yellow that has been in the closet since we moved in.  One Saturday Eric installed our new shelves. By Eric installing double bars in the majority of our closet we almost doubled the space that we previous had. Yeah!  We did leave part of the closet with just a single bar so we would have enough room to hang dress pants and dresses.  I currently have "extra space" on my top bar but I am sure that I will soon feel like there isn't enough room before I know it.
  We found some white organizing towers at Target that you could stack, so we bought six, making two shelving towers for our folded clothes. These were super easy and quick to ensemble and looks and works a millon times better than my old black wire cubes. I currently have "extra space" but I am sure that I will soon feel like there isn't enough room before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment