Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Life - My Books (Day 25)

I really don't like reading much but I have found myself reading more over the last year.  I went and collected my books that I have read in the last year. I will quickly to through each book starting at the top of my stack:

1. The Prodigal God - This is the first book that my Thursday morning bible study did.  It was a great book that went into depth about parable about the prodigal son (Luke 15)

2. not a fan. - This book is about how as christians we need to be a follower of Christ (Luke 9:23) and not just a fan.  Also a good read.

3. Heaven is for Real - My mom gave me (and all of my siblings) this book after she read it.  It is based on a true story about a little boy named Colton and an amazing experience he had when he was four years old.  This book had me hooked so it was only a matter of a couple of days before I was done with it.

4.  The Digital Photography Book - This was a Christmas present that I received from my in-laws.  I wanted to learn how to take better pictures with my point and shoot camera.  My husband said that I would want a big fancy camera if I read that book.  He was right.

5.  Super Baby Food - I found that I have done alot of reading since having a baby.  I liked this book and used it as a reference when I started solids with Anna.  I don't agree with everything that she says but I thought it had some great guidelines for making your own baby food.

6. Digital Landscape Photography - I purchased this book to read during a recent vacation.  I haven't made it all the way through the book - it is very detailed and I feel like most of it was over my head.

7. Blood Covenant - I put this book on my Christmas list after hearing the auther speak.  For whatever reason I have found the mob to be quite interesting and this book is a true story about a guy who quit the mob and gave his life to Christ. 

8. The Practice of Contemplae Photography - I purchased this book also to read during my recent vacation.  I found that it had alot of good info for me to use to improve my photography skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment