Monday, May 7, 2012

Is There Such a Thing as Too Much Cream Cheese?

A quick back story on my day - today is one of my days that I am suppose to be working out of my office.  I met up with my friend who watches my daugther for breakfast fundraiser that my husband's Kwansis club was putting on today.  Long story short, I got a forked in the eye which resulted me a day home for me (I am hoping to be seeing normal again by the end of the week).  Anyways I decided that trying a new recipe would be a good one eye project to attempt.  This last weekend I started planning the food for Toodles upcoming birthday party.  My husband was telling me about his favorite cupcakes growing up that had a cream cheese center in them - Chocolate Chip Filled Cupcakes.  Since we visited his paretns over the weekend I got the recipe from his mom. 

The recipe didn't have a frosting recipe to go with it so I decided to make a creamcheese frosting to go on top which lead me to the question - is there really such a thing as too much cream cheese?  In this case I have decided that no is the answer  :)  I am however not a huge fan of making cupcakes so I decided to make 1/2 recipes of both the cake and the frosting. 

Chocolate Chip Filled Cupcakes

2 c. sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. water
3 c. flour
 
Filling:
1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1 egg
1/2 c. sugar
dash of salt
1 c. milk chocolate chips

 Make filling by beating cream cheese, egg, sugar, and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.

 Mix sugar, cocoa, soda, and salt together. Add vegetable oil, vinegar and vanilla and beat. Add water and flour alternately until well mixed. Then fill paper lined cupcakes 1/2 full. Put one teaspoonful of filling mixture into center of each cupcake. Divide leftover filling evenly among cupcakes. Bake 350 degrees about 30 minutes. Makes about 3 to 3 1/2 dozen cupcakes.

Cream Cheese Frosting
I used the cream cheese frosting that I found at Glorious Treats blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment