Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Althought I wasn't exactly thrilled to see snow in October there is still part of me that just LOVED seeing it. I guess seeing those monster snowflakes maybe brings back the little kid in me.
Monday, August 20, 2012
Thursday, June 7, 2012
The Best Homemade Chocolate Frosting
5 T. butter
½ c chocolate chips
Bring sugar, milk, and butter to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Beat until think.
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Monday, May 7, 2012
The recipe didn't have a frosting recipe to go with it so I decided to make a creamcheese frosting to go on top which lead me to the question - is there really such a thing as too much cream cheese? In this case I have decided that no is the answer :) I am however not a huge fan of making cupcakes so I decided to make 1/2 recipes of both the cake and the frosting.
Chocolate Chip Filled Cupcakes
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. water
3 c. flour
1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1/2 c. sugar
dash of salt
1 c. milk chocolate chips
Make filling by beating cream cheese, egg, sugar, and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
Mix sugar, cocoa, soda, and salt together. Add vegetable oil, vinegar and vanilla and beat. Add water and flour alternately until well mixed. Then fill paper lined cupcakes 1/2 full. Put one teaspoonful of filling mixture into center of each cupcake. Divide leftover filling evenly among cupcakes. Bake 350 degrees about 30 minutes. Makes about 3 to 3 1/2 dozen cupcakes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
I used the cream cheese frosting that I found at Glorious Treats blogs
Monday, April 30, 2012
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Friday, April 27, 2012
Thursday, April 26, 2012
1. The Prodigal God - This is the first book that my Thursday morning bible study did. It was a great book that went into depth about parable about the prodigal son (Luke 15)
2. not a fan. - This book is about how as christians we need to be a follower of Christ (Luke 9:23) and not just a fan. Also a good read.
3. Heaven is for Real - My mom gave me (and all of my siblings) this book after she read it. It is based on a true story about a little boy named Colton and an amazing experience he had when he was four years old. This book had me hooked so it was only a matter of a couple of days before I was done with it.
4. The Digital Photography Book - This was a Christmas present that I received from my in-laws. I wanted to learn how to take better pictures with my point and shoot camera. My husband said that I would want a big fancy camera if I read that book. He was right.
5. Super Baby Food - I found that I have done alot of reading since having a baby. I liked this book and used it as a reference when I started solids with Anna. I don't agree with everything that she says but I thought it had some great guidelines for making your own baby food.
6. Digital Landscape Photography - I purchased this book to read during a recent vacation. I haven't made it all the way through the book - it is very detailed and I feel like most of it was over my head.
7. Blood Covenant - I put this book on my Christmas list after hearing the auther speak. For whatever reason I have found the mob to be quite interesting and this book is a true story about a guy who quit the mob and gave his life to Christ.
8. The Practice of Contemplae Photography - I purchased this book also to read during my recent vacation. I found that it had alot of good info for me to use to improve my photography skills.
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Well I am not much of a shopper so I don't have tons of clothes so it didn't make me very long to determine my favorite outfit. I really like this shirt - it is comfy but looks a little more dressy than most of my comfy shirts. I also like these pants because they are jeans but are more dressy looking than my normal jeans (which I think all have holes in them - I suppose I should breakdown and take on the impossible task of jean shopping soon). I like to complete this outfit with my favorite shoes (see Day 5).
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Friday, April 20, 2012
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Here is one last shot of my idea binder. I couldn't decide between these two pictures so I decided to post them both. I really love the color of my binder in the first picture but I also like the way this black and white of the photo turned out.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Monday, April 16, 2012
Sunday, April 15, 2012
My lunch, at approximately 11:30 according to building clock, was at Granite City. We meet friends there to catch up and enjoy a delicious brunch. Six slices of their smoked applewood bacon along with other delicious food and two and a half hours later it was time to go. It was a great time but we needed to start our venture back home. It was pretty much a gloomy, windy, and rainy trip most of the 309 miles. We enjoyed our trip and thrilled we got to visit with so many of our friends but it always feels good to make it home.
Saturday, April 14, 2012
|My Family - By Me|
|My Family - By Toodles|
Friday, April 13, 2012
|Let's go swim!|
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Monday, April 9, 2012
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
My true is love is my God which brought me an interesting challenge in regards to taking a picture for today's prompt. I decided to use a picture that I took last Sunday of the beautiful morning sky that He made. I love the way the sun was coming through the clouds, I thought it gave them a heavenly look.
Sunday, April 8, 2012
Saturday, April 7, 2012
I liked this sign of one of our local gas stations - I think it has so much character.
Friday, April 6, 2012
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
I wasn't overly thrilled with how the shots turned out mostly because I wanted the focus to be on Toodles and/or my reflection.
So to get better control of where I was focusing I decided to take control of the camera. I like how my reflection s in focus on this shot but I all you see is my camera.
I am pretty sure my assistant was thinking "Are we done yet mom?" "Did we get the shot?"
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Monday, April 2, 2012
|My Neat Handwriting - Very Time Consuming|
|My Messy Hand Writing - Time Saving|
Sunday, April 1, 2012
So again I will do my best to kept somewhat on schedule, I may get to be a day or so behind but I am hoping to keep my blog updated similar to what I did in December. Anyways, wish me luck!